Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Of Cheese, Wine and Eyes

I have noticed these past couple of months, that I have been having to look under my glasses lenses lately in order to read or look at things close up. Am I getting older? You bet. But I am realizing that there are advantages to aging. For starters, I am a whole lot less cocky and arrogant than when I was younger. I have lived long enough now to know that I do NOT know everything nor have the answers to all of life's questions. I have also come to grips with the fact that I am not perfect, rather a work in progress (committed to the process) and a clay pot with Infinite Treasure inside.

So, graying hair, expanding body parts and increasingly limited mobility aside, there are aspects of growing older that are to be embraced and valued from the perspective of growing up in the faith we have in the One who has begun a good work in us.

No comments: